Medical University of Wroclaw (Poland)
expected in July 2021 (winter semester 2021/22)
expected in October 2021
medicine: 5,850 EUR/semester (6 years)
dentistry: 6,900 EUR/semester (5 years)
veterinary medicine: 4,100 EUR/semester (5,5 years)
Information last updated: October 30th, 2020
Many students from Germany, England and the Netherlands choose Wroclaw. The Medical University of Wroclaw (UMED) is one of Poland’s biggest universities and has access to the best technology and renowned lecturers. Admissions are decided by a committee – the sole focus does not lie on your final high school grades. Furthermore, you can study veterinary medicine at the “University of Environmental and Life Sciences.” So far, all MediStart applicants to Wroclaw obtained a place to study medicine or dentistry. We are particularly proud of this 100 % success rate.
As a traditional university with a 300-year-old history, the Medical University of Wroclaw boasts an impressive historical background. The university is a frontrunner in terms of new methods of treatment and operation. The course, taught in English, is particularly popular with MediStart applicants. After the first year, students spend one month per year at a special training clinic. In 2018, the university has invested in a highly modern simulation centre, in which students can gain practical experience within small groups thanks to the innovative technical equipment. At the Faculty of Dentistry the degree includes a month-long training at an outpatient clinic, where students take a practical module. The Faculty of Dentistry has been educating dentists for the past 60 years. Many of them complete the degree with the highest grades. The teaching is aimed at acquiring practical skills and the equipment is exceptional.
Wroclaw is only located 170km from the German border. The city is known as the “Flower of Europe” for its beauty and looks back on a 1000-year old history. One in six of the 650,000 inhabitants is a student. Wroclaw always was and still is a centre for education as well as for medicine. Experts from many different fields fill modern buildings spread out among the baroque constructions. The city radiates international significance particularly in terms of medical education. An attractive location in a modern environment for comparably low costs of living.
As the 2016 European Capital of Culture, Wroclaw attracts tourists with its Centennial Hall, which is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, as well as with more than 100 bridges that cross the river Oder. Even today synagogues and churches shape the everyday life. The twin peaks of the medieval cathedral symbolically reach for the skies. From quiet squares and parks to the hustle and bustle of the old town – Wroclaw has much to offer.
You can obtain a place at Wroclaw, regardless of your final high school grades. Instead, a committee makes a decision based on school grades in natural sciences. Your English level is demonstrated by at least satisfactory marks in English in the upper classes or, alternatively, by a standardised test, e.g. TOEFL or IELTS. Your MediStart study advisors can provide further information and assistance in this regard. Your chances of being accepted are high thanks to clever strategic applications. In recent years, all MediStart applicants were offered a place in Wroclaw! We are proud of our 100% success rate. However, this is not a guarantee for future success. The degree is taught in English.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies and during your studies
- considering more than grades: admission tests and pre-med courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: pay our success fee in case of an admission
- Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for some universities for 2022 already possible