Medical University of Varna
Application Deadline: Expected mid-September 2022 (winter semester 2022/23); early application recommended
Term Start: Expected end of September 2022
Tuition Fees: Medicine: 4,000 EUR/semester (6 years) Dentistry: 4,000 EUR/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: October 5th, 2021
In Varna, you can start your studies in medicine or dentistry without focus on only your final high school grades. You should, however, have achieved very good grades in biology and chemistry, as these grades play a decisive role in the admission process. The admission test is also challenging but MediStart will prepare you for this!
International students from over 50 countries–including Africa and Asia–travel here to study medicine and dentistry. The classes are challenging and the structure of both courses falls in line with the common European curriculum. Even though the university and the teaching hospital cannot be compared to the large and modern universities in Poland, the Baltics or Cyprus, the university invests heavily—as well as new buildings, the university also owns two sailing boats.
The university in Varna is becoming increasingly modern— all seminar rooms and lecture halls are to be equipped with 3-D technology and the faculty of dentistry building is only a few years old. The university was first established as a medical school and added a dentistry department in 2006. The faculty of medicine has 24 departments and is the largest at the university, and about 24 % of the approximately 5,000 students are from abroad.
The library houses more than 160,000 volumes and the museum, which belongs to the university’s anatomy department, contains a large collection of exhibits that offer an interesting and comprehensive learning environment for students. The degree includes numerous courses such as “Bulgarian as a foreign language” in order to ensure that students achieve a B2 proficiency in the local language by the end of their third year.
International students report that Bulgaria is a very beautiful country with low costs of living. With its 335,000 inhabitants, Varna is Bulgaria’s third-largest city and is located on the coast of the Black Sea—the famous Gold Beach makes it a popular tourist destination, making Varna easily accessible.
Many students volunteer in social projects and organise gatherings and charity events, e.g., the “Teddy Clinic”, an international children’s project.
For foreigners, the bureaucracy in Varna may feel unusual. However, the people are friendly and cheerful, and MediStart will assist you in getting settled and finding accommodation. We will also put you in touch with students from higher years and remain contactable throughout your degree.
Good grades in biology and chemistry are important in order to be accepted at the university, as well as successfully passing a challenging admission test. Your knowledge of English, biology and chemistry will be tested, and in our experience, a strong level in these subjects is required. MediStart will provide you with study material and a preparation course is also available online. As the university admits students in various steps, we recommend applying early, e.g., before May 2022 if you wish to start studying in the autumn of 2022.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- Successful: we achieved an almost 100% success rate in the past, e.g., in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- Professional: support during the application phase and during your studies
- Considering more than just high school grades: admission tests and preparation courses that do not require top grades
- Provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- Easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- Fair Remuneration: success fee only paid if you are admitted
- MediStart-Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany) on-site and worldwide online as preparation for your medical degree at any of our partner universities
- Comprehensive: on-site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network
of students, etc.)
- On-Site: support and supervision of your studies
- High Quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- Early Admission: admissions for some universities for 2022 are already possible