Targu Mures, Romania
University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Targu Mures
expected in end of July 2021 (winter semester 2021/22)
expected in September 2021
medicine: 3,750 EUR/semester (6 years);
dentistry: 3,750 EUR/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: February 18th, 2021
You can study medicine or dentistry in Targu Mures without the sole focus on your final grades you achieved in high school. You will participate in the international course with peers from all over Europe, mainly from the United Kingdom, Scandinavia and Germany. The degrees in medicine and dentistry are taught entirely in English and both last six years. The price to performance ratio is excellent, meaning many people are interested in applying here. This is why it is recommended to apply early.
The Faculty of Medicine in Targu Mures is one of the leading medical faculties in Romania. The degree in Targu Mures revolves around responsibility and respect towards the profession as well as efficient communication between doctors and patients, teamwork and diversity. Furthermore, the university is equipped with the latest resources.
There is a new simulation centre for therapy simulations under real conditions as well as a newly inaugurated research centre. Students have access to the university’s expansive sporting facilities at all times. This includes access to tennis courts and football pitches as well as to a modern swimming pool.
Targu Mures is located by the Mures river in a region where Transylvanian Saxons, Hungarians and Romanians have settled at each other’s side over the years. The famous region of Transylvania is peppered with mountains and forests. In addition to the lakes, creeks and rivers like the Mures there are a number of underground rivers that are particularly attractive to tourists.
As a student city and an economic hub, Targu Mures is the intellectual and cultural centre in the Magyar region of Transylvania. The university town boasts six universities, including one for theatre studies, which owns many cultural institutions, as well as museums. The Culture Palace, built in the Jugendstil architectural style, is home to a concert hall, an art gallery and an exhibition hall.
The University selects its applicants on the basis of several factors, mainly revolving around suitability. Every successful application depends on a high school diploma, a letter of motivation and a letter of recommendation. In addition, an interview is also necessary. The letter of motivation does not however, resemble what we would expect from a normal letter of motivation in English-speaking regions. Instead, it revolves more around addressing certain expectations set by the university and fulfilling them. Benefit from MediStart’s experience in this. The interview can be held online via Skype from the comfort of your home; you will be coached by MediStart beforehand. Furthermore you will be given the possibility of accessing an early admission process at the start of 2021 in order to obtain a provisional place at the university. Volunteer work and extracurricular activities can also be beneficial to the application process.
Our MediStart Study Consultants prepare you for your interview with valuable tips in order for you to handle the conversation successfully. Any documents pertaining to your application are then prepared in cooperation with your consultant.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies and during your studies
- considering more than grades: admission tests and pre-med courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: pay our success fee in case of an admission
- Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for some universities for 2021 already possible