Medical Faculty Split
Application Deadline: Expected in June 2022 (winter semester 2022/23)
Term Start: Expected in October 2022
Tuition Fees: Medicine: 6,000/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: July 13th, 2021
The School of Medicine at the University of Split offers a degree programme in medicine to 60 new students every year, and the application process targets students with strong grades and advanced knowledge of biology and chemistry. The degree is oriented towards practical training and preparations start from the very beginning.
The Mediterranean climate in Croatia makes studying and living in Split very enjoyable and the comparably low costs of living are a further convincing factor when deciding to start a degree in Split.
The University of Split was founded in 1974 and is comprised of 16 faculties. The School of Medicine is relatively young, having been founded in 1997, and began offering the course in English in 2011, meaning that both the facility and equipment are technologically up to date.
The university also has a hotel next to the science building that houses guest lecturers, as well as a restaurant for tutors and students. Thanks to a limited number of places offered every year by the University of Split, high-quality support is guaranteed, and this is complemented by teaching in small tuition groups. Furthermore, it is easy to find your way around campus; the lecture halls and the university hospital are located near each other, resulting in efficient studies and close collaboration.
Split is the second largest city in Croatia and has earned the reputation of being the “Capital of Dalmatia”. It is a significant harbour city in the Mediterranean and a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to the old town and Diocletian’s palace. Besides its cultural diversity, Split also has an interesting history as it was once a Greek colony. As an EU country and a tourist hotspot, people generally speak English and there are easy flight connections to other countries.
Students and tourists alike are drawn to Split for its high average temperature and its close proximity to the Adriatic Sea, and there are many opportunities to practise sports of every kind, from varsity to water sports. Every year, the university celebrates its inauguration day with numerous events and sporting competitions, during which you will get to know the university, the city and its people.
The grade point average you achieved in high school plays an indirect role in your application to the University of Split, as the university decides whether to accept your application through an admission committee that will consider your performance in biology and chemistry as well as during an interview. You will need to demonstrate very high grades in these subjects—our experience is that an excellent grade point average also reflects positively on your application.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- Successful: we achieved an almost 100% success rate in the past, e.g., in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- Professional: support during the application phase and during your studies
- Considering more than just high school grades: admission tests and preparation courses that do not require top grades
- Provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- Easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- Fair Remuneration: success fee only paid if you are admitted
- MediStart-Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany) on-site and worldwide online as preparation for your medical degree at any of our partner universities
- Comprehensive: on-site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network
of students, etc.)
- On-Site: support and supervision of your studies
- High Quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- Early Admission: admissions for some universities for 2022 are already possible