Riga Stradins University (RSU)
Application Deadline: Expected in July 2022 (winter semester 2022/23)
Expected in December 2022 (summer semester 2023).
Term Start: Expected in September 2022 (winter semester 2022/23)
Expected in February 2023 (summer semester 2023).
Tuition Fees: Medicine: 6,000 EUR/semester (6 years), Dentistry: 7,000 EUR/semester (5 years); after 2nd year: 7,500 EUR/semester
Information last updated: March 31st, 2022
Start studying medicine or dentistry in the capital of Latvia as early as next semester—the application process will consider more than your final high school average grade!
At RSU, you will benefit from small tuition groups of a maximum of twelve students and enjoy getting to know your teachers personally. Modern facilities and teaching methods, which make a medical degree possible, meet international standards, and theory is combined with practical lessons early on. The degree in Riga is taught fully in English and your teachers assist you in communicating with local patients. Technical English terminology is taught at the beginning of the degree in separate courses.
The RSU is widely popular with international students (one-quarter of the enrolled students are international) and these students are highly valued by the university. The University of Riga is a pillar of Baltic healthcare systems and thus it is fully equipped with modern facilities and the latest technology. Coupled with innovative teaching methods, the university can guarantee the highest standards for the degree. The course has been taught in English for almost 25 years, so a frictionless process is also ensured.
The University of Riga has existed for more than 150 years and was initially known as the “Medical Institute of Riga”. Interestingly, the former President of Latvia completed his medical studies here. Before taking office, he served as the director of an orthopaedic and trauma surgery hospital in Riga for many years.
Riga is the capital of Latvia and thus part of the European Union and NATO. In 2014, the Euro was adopted as the Latvian currency. The Hanseatic city prides itself on a long enterprising tradition and has a similar feel to it as cities like Hamburg and Bruges. The city’s 800-year-old history can be observed in numerous spots, which is why it was named European Capital of Culture in 2014. The particularly well-preserved old town is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and tradition and modern culture blend together. There are clubs, operas, historical sites, parks and many sporting clubs. English language skills are generally enough to get by as most Latvians speak the language at a high level. The city has many forms of student accommodation, from dorms to apartments, and has its own international airport with countless direct connections to other countries.
In order to study in Riga, you will need good grades in the natural sciences during your later school years, particularly in biology and chemistry, though your final average grade is irrelevant. Letters of motivation and of recommendation also play a significant role in being accepted and should address the issues expected by the university. This is where you can benefit from MediStart’s experience!
Your level of English will need to be supported by good to very good grades in English in the later years of your high school education or by a test, e.g., TOEFL or IELTS. MediStart handles every step of your application–including during the complex process of writing a letter of motivation.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- Successful: we achieved an almost 100% success rate in the past, e.g., in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- Professional: support during the application phase and during your studies
- Considering more than just high school grades: admission tests and preparation courses that do not require top grades
- Provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- Easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- Fair Remuneration: success fee only paid if you are admitted
- MediStart-Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany) on-site and worldwide online as preparation for your medical degree at any of our partner universities
- Comprehensive: on-site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network
of students, etc.)
- On-Site: support and supervision of your studies
- High Quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- Early Admission: admissions for some universities for 2022 are already possible