Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Kosice
Application Deadline: Expected in August 2022 (winter semester 2022/23)
Semester Start: Expected in September 2022
Tuition Fees: Medicine: 5,250 EUR/semester (6 years); Dentistry: 5,500 EUR/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: October 5th, 2021
You can study medicine or dentistry entirely in English at the Pavol Josef Safarik (PJS) University in Kosice. The programme lasts 6 years and the medical licenses are recognised within the EU. You can begin your chosen studies in Kosice in autumn without having to worry about your final average high school grade.
The university dates back to 1660; it has existed in its present form since 1959 and currently, more than 7,500 students are enrolled across five faculties, with 1,250 staff members and lecturers. The Faculty of Medicine is over 71 years old, making it the oldest faculty of the university, and it has been offering degrees taught in English for over 20 years.
The Faculty of Medicine boasts the latest technology and is located in a modern high-rise building close to the L. Pasteur University Hospital, where a wing for experimental medicine opened in 2015. Excitingly, the new equipment includes a TWINSHIME simulator for the human microbial ecosystem, one of only five in the world. Kosice pays attention to practical training and this begins early on with the clinical training.
The university is also very popular with international students, and more than 40 nations are represented on campus.
Kosice, located on the Hornad River, is the second largest city in Slovakia and was the European Culture Capital in 2013. Combining affordable living costs with a high standard of living within a historically shaped Central European environment, this city is an important economic centre for Slovakia in terms of trade, especially with Italy and Austria.
Kosice is also a vibrant student city—the academic year traditionally starts with a major enrolment ceremony. In addition to many cultural attractions, Kosice and the university offer students a variety of leisure activities as well as the opportunity to participate in charity projects such as ‚World AIDS Day‘ or ‚Doctors without Borders‘. Also, the oldest marathon in Europe takes place in Kosice (the second oldest in the world after Boston) and attracts athletes and tourists from all over the world. Additionally, to relax, you can visit the city’s botanical gardens, which have existed for over 65 years.
Good travel connections to neighbouring countries are provided by the international airport.
You can obtain a university place without a sole focus on your final high school grades; all you will need is a qualification allowing you to study at a university, such as a high school diploma. Admission with a subject-related entrance qualification is also possible. A successful result in the university’s difficult admission test–a multiple-choice science test–is also needed, and MediStart prepares you for the test in an exclusive preparatory course (also available online), which is offered exclusively to MediStart clients.
In addition, the university requires proof of English proficiency, verified either by good school grades or by a completed TOEFL or IELTS test.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- Successful: we achieved an almost 100% success rate in the past, e.g., in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- Professional: support during the application phase and during your studies
- Considering more than just high school grades: admission tests and preparation courses that do not require top grades
- Provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- Easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- Fair Remuneration: success fee only paid if you are admitted
- MediStart-Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany) on-site and worldwide online as preparation for your medical degree at any of our partner universities
- Comprehensive: on-site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network
of students, etc.)
- On-Site: support and supervision of your studies
- High Quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- Early Admission: admissions for some universities for 2022 are already possible