Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
University Hradec Kralove
Application Deadline: Expected in April 2023 (winter semester 2023/24), early application recommended
Term Start: Expected in October 2023
Tuition Fees: Medicine: 6,070 EUR/semester (6 years), Dentistry: 6,660 EUR/semester (5 years)
Information last updated: May 20th, 2022
Study medicine or dentistry at the renowned Charles University in Hradec Kralove, where exam results are recognised in the USA–a testimony to the high quality of education! Your final high school grades are not taken into account during your application.
The university boasts many years of experience providing degree programmes in English and supporting international students. Each year, the university offers 105 study places in medicine and 25 in dentistry in English. Top students are also given the opportunity to gain first-hand practical experience in the USA or England.
Your medical degree in Hradec Kralove will take place in one of the five medical faculties of Charles University–the oldest university in Central Europe, where 1,500 future doctors are studying. There are around 350 international students, constituting around a quarter of all students.
The university hospital is one of the leading hospitals in the Czech Republic and is located near the campus; it holds 37 individual clinics with 1,400 beds and employs 4,000 doctors and nurses.
The university is scattered across smaller units and buildings in a beautiful park area. All practical and theoretical parts of the degree are taught at a high level and meet the highest international standards.
The population of Hradec Kralove is approximately 100,000, making it a typical student town with low costs of living and diverse leisure activities. Hradec Kralove is only 1.5 hours away from Prague and the airport.
The 800 years of history can be seen on every street corner; regular theatrical and musical performances enhance cultural life. Furthermore, there is a skiing resort located nearby and the area provides other opportunities to participate in sport. The old town centre and its many cafés make it the ideal place for walking and it is frequented by tourists and students alike.
The university has so much to offer its international students. Firstly, the degree begins with a Welcome Party where many students from England, Scandinavia and other countries can meet!
The degree in Hradec Kralove does not focus on your final high school grades. However, in order to be accepted, you will need to pass a challenging scientific admission test, and MediStart offers a preparation course (that is also available online) and individual online coaching to prepare you for this. Additionally, you will need to have your level in English verified either with corresponding grades from your school career or with a TOEFL or IELTS certificate.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- Successful: we achieved an almost 100% success rate in the past, e.g., in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- Professional: support during the application phase and during your studies
- Considering more than just high school grades: admission tests and preparation courses that do not require top grades
- Provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- Easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- Fair Remuneration: success fee only paid if you are admitted
- MediStart-Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany) on-site and worldwide online as preparation for your medical degree at any of our partner universities
- Comprehensive: on-site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network
of students, etc.)
- On-Site: support and supervision of your studies
- High Quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- Early Admission: admissions for some universities for 2022 are already possible