Comenius University in Bratislava
expected in July 2022 (winter semester 2022/23)
expected mid-September 2022
medicine: 4,750 EUR/semester (6 years);
dentistry: 5,500 EUR/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: July 13th, 2021
Study medicine in Bratislava without allowing your average high school grade or waiting time to get in your way. The main criterion for admission comes in the form of an admission test, for which we prepare you in terms of your knowledge of biology and chemistry. The degree provided by the University of Bratislava is entirely taught in English and sets itself apart through its intensive support system.
At a later stage of your degree, tuition groups will rarely exceed 15 students – this means direct contact to your professors and tutors. In dentistry there is a 2-to-1 student-tutor ratio, resulting in a tutor taking two students under their wing. Western European students are usually very valued by the university because they reflect well on their international orientation.
The Comenius University of Bratislava has existed since 1919, making it one of the oldest and largest universities in Europe. There are a total of approximately 24,000 students on campus, many of them come from western European countries. The university has 13 faculties, which meet high international standards thanks to its teaching methods and its facilities. The medicine and dentistry degrees have been taught in English for 20 years, a testimony to the fact that the degree can be completed without friction. Out of respect for her academic and political achievements, German Chancellor Angela Merkel was awarded an honorary doctorate from the university in 2014, which she was happy to accept at the university itself. The international focus and significance of the University of Bratislava has led to various prominent guests visiting the campus, including Kofi Annan and the Dalai Lama. Both were also awarded an honorary doctorate.
Bratislava is the capital of Slovakia and thus a part of the European Union. The low costs of living are of significant interest to international students. Located 70 km away from the Austrian capital of Vienna, you will find traces of different European cultures. It is located near the border triangle to Austria and Hungary and is thus the only capital in the world to border two different neighbouring countries. You will be studying just a 10-minute drive away from Austria. The city skyline is made up of well-preserved historical buildings as well as modern architecture. The climate in Bratislava is the warmest in the country and there is very little rainfall. The Danube and the surrounding park areas provide counterbalancing green areas. Thanks to the Janko Kral Gardens Bratislava boasts one of the oldest parks in Europe.
You will not need to have achieved a particular grade point average in high school in order to apply. A general matriculation standard or subject-related entrance qualification are needed. In addition to the diploma, you will need to pass a scientific admission test. MediStart will provide you with the optimal preparation for this thanks to the MediStart preparation course also online possible. Nevertheless, we recommend the university to applicants who chose biology and chemistry in the upper levels of high school and obtained good grades. Of course, MediStart will handle the optimisation of your documents and take care of every step of the application process.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- successful: partly a 100 % success rate in the past, e. g. in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- professional: support during the application phase, at the beginning of your studies and during your studies
- considering more than grades: admission tests and pre-med courses take into account more than just your high school grades
- provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- fair remuneration: pay our success fee in case of an admission
- Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany)
- comprehensive: on site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network of students etc.)
- on site: support and supervision of your studies
- high quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- early admission: admissions for some universities for 2022 already possible