Comenius University in Bratislava
Application Deadline: Expected in July 2022 (winter semester 2022/23)
Term Start: Expected mid-September 2022
Tuition Fees: Medicine: 4,750 EUR/semester (6 years); Dentistry: 5,500 EUR/semester (6 years)
Information last updated: July 13th, 2021
Study medicine or dentistry in English in Bratislava without allowing your average high school grade to limit you! The main criterion for admission is your score in an admission test, which we will prepare you for in terms of your knowledge of biology and chemistry. The degree provided by the University of Bratislava is entirely taught in English and sets itself apart through its intensive support system.
At a later stage of your degree, tuition groups will rarely exceed 15 students, and in dentistry, there is a 2-to-1 student-tutor ratio–this means direct contact with your professors and tutors. Western European students are usually very valued by the university because they reflect an international orientation.
The Comenius University of Bratislava has existed since 1919, making it one of the oldest and largest universities in Europe. There are a total of approximately 24,000 students on campus, with many of them originating from western European countries. The university has 13 faculties, each meeting the highest international standards thanks to exemplary teaching methods and facilities. The medicine and dentistry degrees have been taught in English for 20 years—a testimony to the quality of the degree!
Out of respect for her academic and political achievements, the German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, was awarded an honorary doctorate from the university in 2014, which she accepted at the university campus. The international focus and significance of the University of Bratislava has led to various prominent guests visiting the campus, including Kofi Annan and the Dalai Lama. Both were also awarded an honorary doctorate.
Bratislava is the capital of Slovakia and thus a part of the European Union. The low costs of living are of significant interest to international students. Located 70 km away from the Austrian capital of Vienna, you will find traces of different European cultures. It is located near the border triangle of Austria and Hungary and is the only capital in the world to border two neighbouring countries—you will be studying just a 10-minute drive away from Austria!
The city skyline is made up of well-preserved historical buildings as well as modern architecture, and the Danube and surrounding parkland provide counterbalancing green areas. Thanks to the Janko Kral Gardens, Bratislava boasts one of the oldest parks in Europe.
The climate in Bratislava is the warmest in the country and there is very little rainfall.
You will not need to have achieved a particular grade point average in high school in order to apply; rather, a general matriculation standard or subject-related entrance qualification is needed. In addition to the diploma, you will need to pass a scientific admission test, and MediStart will provide you with the optimal preparation for this through the MediStart preparation course (also available online).
Regardless, we recommend the university to applicants who chose biology and chemistry in the upper levels of high school and obtained good grades. Of course, MediStart will handle the optimisation of your documents and take care of every step of the application process.
Request our free information material now: Click here!
- Successful: we achieved an almost 100% success rate in the past, e.g., in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- Professional: support during the application phase and during your studies
- Considering more than just high school grades: admission tests and preparation courses that do not require top grades
- Provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- Easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- Fair Remuneration: success fee only paid if you are admitted
- MediStart-Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany) on-site and worldwide online as preparation for your medical degree at any of our partner universities
- Comprehensive: on-site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network
of students, etc.)
- On-Site: support and supervision of your studies
- High Quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- Early Admission: admissions for some universities for 2022 are already possible