MediStart-Collegesemester in Hamburg
Register now and increase your chances of studying medicine at the private medical campus UMCH in Hamburg, Germany. Secure a place for the MediStart-Collegesemester starting in November 2021!
- Registration deadline for the Collegesemester:
October 2021. However, due to the limited number of places and the gradual allocation of these places, we recommend applying early
- Term start:
Hamburg: 8th November 2021
- Tuition fees:
Hamburg: 6,800 EUR/semester
Last updated: April 16th, 2021
MediStart has organised a Collegesemester in cooperation with the Humanitas College Network and is taught at the private medical campus of UMCH in Hamburg, Germany by professors of biology, chemistry, biochemistry, anatomy and terminology (among others). The aim of the course is to fill any possible gaps in your knowledge, for example, if you underperformed in high school chemistry or only achieved average overall grades. In addition, subjects relevant to the preclinical phase of medical studies are taught in order to facilitate your success during the start of your degree programme.
Since the winter semester in 2019, it has been possible to study medicine at the UMCH in Hamburg, the German campus of the University of Targu Mures. The university has taught the medical degree in English for 30 years, proving that the university and course are of the highest standard. Although it is taught in English, the degree can be completed in Germany and the practical parts of the degree can be completed in German-speaking teaching hospitals. The university offers a German course free of charge for international students.
The programme starts every year in the winter semester and lasts 6 years. Being accepted into the programme depends on the evaluation of your written application letters as well as a motivation-based personal interview.
MediStart is the UMCH’s only German agency and prepares you optimally for a successful application, and during the MediStart-Collegesemester, clients are prepared specifically for the application procedure in Hamburg–this takes place at the facilities on the UMCH campus or online, where you will be taught by lecturers and external trainers.
MediStart had two main reasons for creating the concept of the MediStart-Collegesemester. Firstly, applicants should be given the opportunity to mitigate any knoweldge deficits in biology, chemistry or physics, as well as to revise their existing and previous knowledge after finishing their high school diploma (there will be a particular focus on medicine and dentistry, rather than a general perspective). Secondly, applicants that missed the chance to apply or were rejected this year should be given the opportunity to optimise their chances for another application in the following year; this is why the university’s professors and external trainers teach you the basics of the challenging curricular pre-clinical phase and you will be provided with specific preparation for cognitive and psychological admission tests and interviews. There isn’t a better form of specialised preparation than this highly coveted degree programme in Hamburg!
In cooperation with the Humanitas College Network, MediStart has prepared a challenging curriculum consisting of 150 teaching hours. You will benefit from it by:
- Filling gaps in scientific knowledge you acquired at school
- Being taught specialised terminology in English
- Optimising your chances of being admitted thanks to specific preparation for the UMCH’s admission procedure in Hamburg, Germany
- Being taught subjects in pre-clinical fields by university tutors in Germany at the facilities of the UMCH (the Hamburg campus of the University of Targu Mures).
The curriculum of the MediStart-Collegesemester is the optimal form of preparation for medical, dentistry, and veterinary medical degrees, as well as for their admission procedures. It is hard to imagine a better, more targeted form of preparation—make the most of the advantages you will gain during the 2021 MediStart-Collegesemester.
- Successful: we achieved an almost 100% success rate in the past, e.g., in Hamburg, Nicosia, Wroclaw, Rzeszow, and Vilnius
- Professional: support during the application phase and during your studies
- Considering more than just high school grades: admission tests and preparation courses that do not require top grades
- Provides options in Germany: medical studies can also be started at the UMCH in Hamburg
- Easy: organised application of all necessary documents
- Fair Remuneration: success fee only paid if you are admitted
- MediStart-Collegesemester: in Hamburg (Germany) on-site and worldwide online as preparation for your medical degree at any of our partner universities
- Comprehensive: on-site planning and organisation services (support in finding accommodation, international network
of students, etc.)
- On-Site: support and supervision of your studies
- High Quality: supported by German lawyers specialised in German and European Education Law
- Early Admission: admissions for some universities for 2022 are already possible
You can register for the upcoming Collegesemester until October 2021.